Superb ski descent on the longest glacier on the Mont-Blanc range, of around 24 km. Deep in the heart of high mountains, blue crevasses, ice falls and dramatic scenery, a run down the Vallée Blanche is surely one of nature's finest gifts. Accompanied by a guide, you can negotiate, in complete security the impressive breath-taking ridge from the Aiguille du Midi to where the skiing starts. From the summit of the cable car (3842m), you will ski 2900 m of vertical drop until Chamonix.
Many different routes down can be chosen according to the groups ability (Envers du Plan, Grand Envers du Plan, Rognon glacier ...) and you will choice at the last moment with your mountain guide, according to you ski level and the snow conditions.
The skiing : The Vallée Blanche is entirely off-piste, unmarked and not patrolled by a rescue team. The weather alone determines snow conditions. Plan on spending 4/5 hours depending upon conditions, route chosen and group level.
Ski level : Open to all abilities because they are different routes possible. Though note well ; the most important thing is to have control over your skiing no matter what your personal ability. A well behaved snowplough is preferable to an out of control parallel turn !
Périod : From Christmas to beginning of may, depending of snow and glacier conditions
Group price 1 > 4 persons : 350 € - 5 > 6 persons : 380 €
* In order to insure security the size group is 6 people maximum
The price includes
- Mountain Guide 1 day
- safety equipment (harness, DVA)
The price does not includes
- skipass Chamonix unlimited (60 € )
- personal insurance rescue & repatriation
VALLEE BLANCHE WEEK END
Week End Vallée Blanche with a night in mountain hut
Two days to discover the beautiful descents on the glaciers of Argentière, starting from the Grand Montets and the Vallée Blanche. With one night in the Requin mountain hut (2500m), well situated on the Geant glacier, a quiet evening in the peaceful high mountains !
Day 1 : in the morning off piste skiing at Grand Montets, ski on the Argentière glacier. After lunch climb to 3800 m with the Aiguille du Midi cable car and ski one Vallée Blanche route to the Requin mountain hut. Night in the hut.
Day 2 : skiing the end of Vallée Blanche to Chamonix. End of the day in Off piste skiing in Grand Montet or other spot like Balme, Brévent, Flégère.
PRICE PER PERSON : 475 € - base group 4 persons. 515 € base group 3 persons.
* Size group maximum of 6 persons
The price includes
- Mountain Guide 2 days
- Safety equipment (harness/DVA)
- 1 night in mountain hut with dinner and breakfast
- skipass Chamonix 2 days.
The price does not includes
- Drinks and personal expenses
- Lunch pique-nique
- Personal insurance rescue and repatriation
INFORMATIONS - BOOKING
Our mountain guides : All the guides are experienced mountain guides, all UIAGM certified and members of SNGM (french guide syndicat). They all have years of experience ski guiding in the Alps.
Meeting point : In the morning at the Aiguille du Midi cable car. Please contact us the day before to arrange the rendez-vous with your guide.
You do not constitute a full group : Please don't hesitate to contact us in order to give your availability, so we can join you in one of our group.
Equipment : You need a little day pack (20/30L), a water bottle or Thermos, a snack and few energetic bars. Warm ski clothes are required for skiing in altitude. If it’s windy it could be very cold on the Aig du Midi ridge.
General registration conditions
- Registration will only be valid with the registration form (sent by post or fax) and a deposit payment which is 30% of the total amount.
- You can send the deposit by bank transfer swift or credit card (please look at registration form page 2)
- If you book directly in Chamonix payment cash to your guide
- Don't forget your identity papers nor the ones for your children and possibly a "Carte Neige" or Alpine club registration or personal responsibility insurance.
- It is the client’s responsibility to make sure that they have insurance cover for all activities that are to be undertaken.
The insurance is mandatory and should include helicopter rescue, repatriation and hospitalisation costs in case of an accident. - We can provide to you our daily insurance Europ Assistance : 5 € per day. Contact us
* You have to know that in case of corporeal accident, the guide responsibility is released once admitted in the nearest hospital. All hospital followings will be taken by client personal insurance.
The Mountain guide in charge of the day or week skiing can change the program for different reasons (Weather conditions, snow covering, security, group ability, etc…)